Approximate former location of Halton & Jansen Co magic shop. Later it became Halton, Jansen, and LeRoy when Servais LeRoy joined in. Harry Jansen was better known as Dante.
Historically the address was 148 LaSalle; the map location reflects the street renumbering of 1910.
Halton split from Roterberg around March 1909. A branch location was located at 2510 W Madison in Feb 1910. But by May 1911 the business was in receivership and Dante left for a European tour.
John G. Hauff apparently acquired the assets as his catalog of 1913 is almost identical to Halton and Jansen Catalog #12.